Doing the Whole30 allowed me to try so many awesome recipes. I was able to turn a lot of my favorite non-Whole30 recipes into Whole30 compliant recipes. My Zoodle Carbonara is a rich, creamy variation of the Italian American favorite, Pasta Carbonara.
This dish is perfect for a date night in. Its luscious, creamy, and super cozy. With the crispy bacon and creamy, garlicy goodness, you cannot go wrong!
If you are making this while you are on the Whole30, make sure that you find Whole30 compliant bacon. I used Wellshire Farms Sugar-Free Bacon from Whole Foods.
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 20 min
- In a large skillet, cook bacon on medium-high heat, until crispy, about 3-5 min on each side.
- While the bacon is cooking, mince shallot and garlic.
- Using a spiralizer, make your zucchini noodles. If you do not have a spiralizer, you can thinly slice the zucchini into long strips.
- Remove the bacon from the pan. Chop into small pieces.
- Add the garlic and shallots into the pan, using the bacon fat. Cook on medium heat.
- Add kale and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add the zoodles and bacon into the pan. Add salt.
- Add a tablespoon of warm water to the egg yolks and mix well. This will temper the eggs so they dot seize.
- Add the yolk to the pan and stir constantly until combined.
- Add salt to taste.